Well, hello there #ThirstyThursday! This week’s guest blogger is Mallory from www.vine-living.com. Mallory has THE. LIFE! and is blogging about a subject that is very near and dear to my heart….wine in the Napa Valley! Next time you’re in the Valley and looking for some tips on wineries or food, hit Mallory up! She is a wealth of information and is super sweet too! I hope you enjoy her recommendations!
By: Mallory @vineliving
The Blogging world is made sweeter by the friends we connect with and the shared interest in sharing our lives! I met Lindsey from Delicately Balancing Life, literally while she was balancing her love of wine tasting and of course the biggest love, having her darling daughter close by whenever she can! Aka bringing the baby to a few tastings! I figured with all the wineries out there, it would be really important to highlight the few that welcome children and don’t have issues with moms tasting while wearing their baby Bjorn! I know that sounds weird, wineries don’t allow your kids, what? Well, they make alcohol and not everyone wants to deal with the risks of having kids around where alcohol is being consumed!
I’ve decided to showcase all of the awesome wineries throughout Napa that you can visit with your babe! Also, a little clarification, these are not the ONLY wineries that allow children, just the ones I was able to come up with through my research!
1. Seavey Vineyards – Located in the Conn Valley region, they make amazing wines and have an epic library tasting they offer! Must make an appointment to visit!
2. Silver Trident Winery – Located in Yountville just North of the city of Napa. Silver Trident is also a Ralph Lauren Home Decor Showroom, you wouldn’t think it, but they are KID and DOG-friendly! Highly recommend scheduling an appointment if you’re planning to visit!
3. Provenance Vineyards – Located in the heart of the Napa Valley between Rutherford and St. Helena, provenance makes beautiful wines and offers up fun activities for adults and kiddos + dogs!
4. Viader Vineyards and Winery – Located on Howell Mountain, they are definitely a winery you want to visit if you are a collector of connoisseur and very serious about wines! They happily accept your well-behaved children! No dogs! Must schedule an appointment to visit!
5. Tres Sabores Winery – Located in St. Helena they have a gaggle of golden retrievers waiting to greet you, so they ask that you leave your pup at home, but children are welcome for their private tasting experience – not one where other groups will be combined! Visit for their awesome wines and stay for the gorgeous vineyards views!! Must schedule an appointment to visit!
6. Stony Hill Winery – Located in the hills of St. Helena just past the town, they are a historic winery focusing mostly on white wine varietals and a gorgeous Cabernet Sauvignon. Their property boasts some gorgeous views of St. Helena valley floor and the historic Bale Grist Mill – possibly a fun event for after for your little friends! You must make an appointment to visit!
7. Titus Vineyards and Winery – Located on the St. Helena/Calistoga border, they are fabulous producers of Cabernet Sauvignon and delicious Sauvignon Blanc. They happily accept kids and dogs! Appointments are necessary!
8. Cru at The Annex & Vineyard 29 – Located in Napa at the Oxbow Market, Cru at the Annex serves Cru wines and also the Vineyard 29 wines! They offer delectable pairings of Popcorn with their wines, kids and dogs are allowed, but dogs are only allowed on their patio!!
9. Rutherford Ranch Winery – Located in Rutherford, the heart of the Napa Valley. RR makes delicious wines and has a great outdoor setting that can be enjoyed by well-behaved children! Definitely call ahead to reserve your tasting!
10. Frogs Leap Winery – Located in Rutherford and one of my FAV wineries, they make absolutely delicious wines, featuring Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Rose, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, there will be something for everyone in your party …..they have games and a nice casual atmosphere where kids and adults can hang without being in the same area as private tastings! Must call ahead and reserve your tasting!
11. Vintners Collective – Located in downtown Napa on Main Street. VC has been open for 10+ years. You can learn about more than one brand at once and taste many different varietals since they represent over 10 labels. If you’re a serious collector or connoisseur this is definitely a spot to pop into! You can visit without an appointment but a private tasting made by appointment truly is the way to go!
12. Ancien Winery and Vineyards – one of my favorite wines, hands down. They make fabulous Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio. Visit their Coombsville estate and enjoy a tasting beneath the historic oak trees surrounded by their estate Pinot Noir vineyard! Bring your dog and kids and watch them frolic while you taste! You must make an appointment to visit!
13. Honig Winery and Vineyards – located in Rutherford. They make fabulous Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon. They are dog and kid friendly with their gorgeous patio available to serve your family needs when wine tasting! Make sure to call ahead for an appointment!
Now that you know where to go on your next visit, read below to see what you should wear!!
What To Wear On Your Next Visit
The fall in Napa Valley has proven to be hot as heck this last week! However, we aren’t technically in the fall season yet (even though as a blogger it’s felt like fall for a month – people need to stop talking about fall in July, k? Thanks!). It won’t really cool down until late October, but sometimes if we’re lucky we get a few fall-like days before November! If you’re visiting Napa from October to December, this outfit will be your lifesaver!
The Ripped jeans trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and this lightweight Lush top is the perfect piece to wear on a mild 65-70 degree day! If it happens to be a bit chillier the OTK boots will be your actual lifesaver without having to add bulk to your outfit with a jacket or scarf! If you’re visiting with children I am sure thinking about your own fashion is the last thing that comes to mind, but trust, this outfit is easy to assemble from items in your own closet, and always remember regardless of what you wear, it’s about feeling comfortable! Napa is an indulgent place and the last thing you want is to be in a tight outfit or something that leaves you too hot or too cold for our ever-changing climate! Rule of thumb, always layer and make sure to wear comfortable shoes that you can wear for 5+ hours during a day of wine tastings!
Another important thing to remember about Napa, our temps can change just ten minutes up the road, which is why we are such a popular grape growing region, all of our different climates allow us to make many different wines… you’re welcome! So with that being said, make sure to layer up and always bring a sweater, jacket, pair of leggings and or nice cozy wrap… but chances are if you’re visiting right now until October 15th, dresses, rompers and summer/spring clothes are still needed! I hope that helps with your packing needs and if you have any friends visiting the Wine Country right now, please share this with them!
Thank you to Lindsey for having me as a guest blogger! I am delighted to share my insider knowledge with all of your followers!